GumHearts Tattoo Stickers with each own original location, date and time that was captured.
Dear Supporters, Friends and Colleagues,
Thank you for being with me and supporting my projects in many different ways in 2014! With your support and participation, I was able to continue working on two participatory projects, “GumHearts” and “POKETTO” as follows:
• January: Launched my very first Kickstarter campaign and successfully funded for Participatory GumHearts Installation “LOVES” https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066110280/participatory-gumhearts-installation-loves/posts/740869
• January-February: Installation “LOVES” at Fabio Scalia Art Space, Brooklyn, NY.
• February-March : GumHearts Installation “LOVES” at the Center at Maple Grove Cemetery, Kew Gardens, NY.
• April-August : GumHearts Installation “LOVES” & Artist Talk with guests Kimberly Marrero/KM Art Advisory and Michael Mut/Director of the Love Yourself at Queens Flushing Library, NY. Project.
• June : “POKETTO” was selected to participate in the Jackson Heights Art Festival at Diversity Plaza, Jackson Heights, Queens, NY.
• August : Two photographs of GumHearts were included at “Transforming NYC Street Objects”, conjunction with the SITE95, Lodge Gallery, New York, NY, curated by Kimberly Marrero.
• September : Installation “POKETTO” was selected and exhibited at the Kaufman Astoria Studios/Queens Art Intervention, NY.
• November-December : “Loves” was invited to participate in the “I Live Here” show, curated by Tania Sen, at Lemmerman Gallery, New Jersey City University, NJ.
• December : “POKETTO” was selected to participate in “Artists for Ferguson” at Temporary Agency, Ridgewood, NY. “GumHearts” was selected to be included in “Made in Queens Market” at Queens Museum, NY.
Both projects have been internationally published, not limited to:
• Site95 Journal, Volume 3 Issue 2, 2014, pp.12-13, http://www.site95.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/site95_Journal_03_02.e.pdf, Illustration.
• “Participatory GumHearts Installation”, Shukan New York Seikatsu, May10th, 2014, p.28. Illustration (published in Japanese).
• “Art of GumHearts at Cemetery”, Shukan New York Seikatsu, March 15th, 2014, #482 p.11, Illustration (published in Japanese).
• “LOVES-GumHearts”, Shukan New York Seikatu, March 1, 2014, p.25 (published in Japanese).
• Micadesign, www.micadesign.it/#/loves, Illustration (published in Italian).
• Spoon and Tamago, January 28, 2014, www.spoon-tamago.com/2014/01/28/loves-heart-shaped-discarded-gum-transformed-into-works-of-art/, Illustration.
• “When Art Meets Crowd funding”, Rest&Create, February 6, 2014,www.restandcreate.com/?p=432, Illustration.
• NHK/Japan National Broadcasting, BS1 News “World Wave Morning 7AM: “@NYC”, February 14, 2014 (Aired in Japanese).
• Solent News by Harriet Marsh, 2014.
• Featured in “Esquire Kazakhstan”, February 14, 2014, http://esquire.kz/photo/491, Illustration.
• Featured in the magazine “20 minuten friday” in Zurich, Switzerland, Issue #6 2014,http://issuu.com/friday-magazine/docs/friday_nr06_2014_epaper, pp.12-13, Illustration (published in German).
In 2015, I will keep working on both projects. You can keep up to date with my progress here on my website, www.niizekihiromi.com, and on social sites as listed below:
POKETTO : www.facebook.com/poketto2011
Periodic E-blasts will also let you know about coming exhibits.
Thanks to you for making all of this possible in 2014. I wish you all a peaceful and healthy 2015.